Vortx recommends using a Gmail as your email hosting provider. If you would like to sign up for Google Workspace (previously GSuite), you can do that here.
Once you have signed up for Gmail/Workspace and are logged into your account, head here. Go to the left menu and select Security:
Under the section "How you sign in to Google", verify if your "2-Step Verification" is enabled (either ON or OFF).
If your 2-Step Verification is disabled (OFF), then you will need to enable it by clicking on the option, and walk through the Steps Google provides to turn it ON.
Once your 2-Step Verification is enabled (ON) as shown above, then you will need to perform these steps to obtain an app password for your site's SMTP email setup password:
- In the 2-Step Verification ( just click on it again if you exited ) scroll down to the bottom and click the > to the right of the "" option.
- In the "App name" field, enter a short name for your site such as "ASPDNSF site", and click Create.
- This will then a random password that you into your password field of the site Configuration - Setup E-Mail field, "Mail Server Password". For direct Configuration - Settings entry, it is the setting:which may be necessary to do if setting up a multi-store (MoreStore) storefront. You should copy/paste it into a temporary Notepad text file for now, though once installed in your site, the temporary Notepad file should be deleted.
Once you have this account setting configured correctly, you're ready to complete the setup in your storefront.
Log into your store /aesys panel
- Go to Configuration > Setup E-mail
- Fill out the top 5 fields on the page:
Mail Server DNS: smtp.gmail.com
Mail Server Username (optional): your email address
Mail Server Password (optional): App password
Mail Server TCP Port: 587
Mail Server Requires SSL: Yes
- Do not try to use multiple emails in the "to" field. If you need notifications to go to multiple people, you'll need to set rules in your "to" email account to forward specific emails to other people.
- Finally, hit the "Test All" button. You should get 4 green messages (depending on what options you have enabled) at the top of the page to confirm your store is connected to your Gmail account.
*click image to zoom. DO NOT EMAIL US AT THIS ADDRESS. This email address is for demonstration only.
- Finally, go back to your Gmail account and you should see your test emails in your inbox. You may receive a notice that "someone attempted to sign in to your Gmail account" and you can open that email and click the link to let them know "It was me" if required.
You should be all set with your Gmail setup at this point. If you still get any red errors in your Test All results that you are unable to rectify, please contact the Vortx Help Desk for assistance.