AddThis is a third-party social media tool that can be embedded into your product pages. This is useful for your shoppers that will have social media accounts - these won't be links to your own social media 'pages', instead, the social media buttons will appear on your product pages for your shoppers to click and post a link on their OWN social media pages that will send traffic back to your store.
You can see a live example of this here: http://www.gildentree.com/p-121-soothing-hand-and-body-lotion.aspx
The social media buttons appear above the price and below the add to cart button. When you click each button, it will open a pop up window where you can add a note, and then post to each social media site.
- Sign up for a free account at addthis.com
- Log in to your account at www.addthis.com, and click Tools in the top menu.
- Under 'Share Buttons', choose a design (we recommend "Sharing Buttons"). Click Get The Code.
- Copy the code provided and paste in to your admin console:
- In your admin console, go to Content > Manage Topics
- Search for topic: 0-product-add-this, click to edit this topic in <>HTML mode
- Paste the code from www.addthis.com into the topic, and click to Save.